Saturday, May 21, 2011

Friday May 20, Day 13 in Chile


Today was our final day here in Chile. I spent most of the morning sleeping in. Finally when I woke up I instantly starting downloading all the music I have heard over the two weeks. After doing some last minute packing we all went to our last “family” meal. This was a typical Chilean for many us. I got Lomo a lo Pobre.  Which mean stake porbe, which includes an egg sunny side up on top, sautéed onions and fries. The egg really adds something to the stake. It was a really nice day so we sat on the deck of the restaurant. It was really nice to spend the last day all together.  After eating we went back did one last room check and got on the bus. At the airport security took some time but we got through with an hour and half to spare.
The plane ride didn’t go a well as expected. I figured I would have been so tired from the previous but I could barely sleep.  So for like 3 hours I would sleep for like 30 minutes at a time.   Going through customs in Atlanta took forever!  Thank we all made it to our flights on time. The only thing that didn’t make it was half of our luggage L. But, it should be here eventually.
Overall these past two week were amazing. I could have not had a better time. I learned so much about Chile as a whole on this trip.   Being there for two weeks gave me enough time to feel like I had been there forever! By the last day I almost felt like Vina del Mar was my home. I think we all did a good job immersing ourselves in the culture that at times I felt like typical Chilean college student’s life.  This was a trip of a lifetime and I will always remember it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment