Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday May 15, Day 8 in Chile


On our second free day I spent a good portion of the morning catching up on the sleep that I haven’t been doing for the last week.  It was a good way to start this relaxing day. After finally getting up and dressed a few of the girls and I started our day by going to the mall.  On our way to the mall we made a few interesting stop.  Our first stop was to the man making giant sand castle. They were actually really neat. There was one huge squid, a few mermaids, a giant heart, a boy and the man was working on a giant eel.   It was neat how there were actually a lot of different colors that were being used for it. 
As we continued on walking we found a bunch of shops that lined the side of the beach by the walkway. There each of the shops had handmade jewelry and little nick knacks that could be purchase. Since we are our way to the mall I decided to find what I wanted and see if I still wanted it on the way back. Once we got the mall it was just like any other mall in the world, it had some of the same stores, and even restaurants. A few of us were even able to grab a Dunk’ drink.  As I was walking around the food court for lunch I was able to get a hoagie with guacamole, mozzarella tomatoes and lettuce. After trying to tell the lady in 1,000 different ways I didn’t want mayo she got the point, it was my first experience where they got it right! After a quick bit we returned to the shops along the beach and I picked up some bracelets and few other souvenirs.
At 6:00 was the time we all were supposes to meet at the lobby for our “family dinner”.  We ended up not having dinner but dinning at an extremely upscale restaurant along the beach call Tierra de Fuego.  We started off our meal with two appetizers. The first appetizer was a mussel with Parmesan cheese broiled on top. The second was jumbo tempura shrimp. They were legit some of the biggest shrimp I had ever seen at first I thought it was a baby lobster tail. For my main dish I got squash gnocchi in a Parmesan olive oil chive sauce. After having a little mix up when I was ordering due to the fact I cannot read/speak Spanish it turned out great.  To finally wrap up my meal I got the Tierra de Fuego dessert. I thought it was going to come out on fire because the name was feugo, but it turned out to be a brownie with raspberries and cheesecake in the center.  It was really good but I could barely finish it was like everyone else we all ended up passing our plate around for everyone to try everyone else’s dessert.  Dinner was a lot of fun and really filling.  Also to stick with the sand/beach theme the bathroom stall doors looked almost like an ant farm in the sense that they were big piece of glassed filled up with sand.
            Tomorrow we are going horseback riding on the beach. Its sounds really fun it you like horses, however due to my lack of interest in animals horseback riding isn’t one of my top 100 things I like to do. I figure however it will hopefully be really fun to see the beaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment