Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday May 16, Day 9 in Chile


When I woke up this morning I was in panic mode about riding a horse.  I don’t like horses at all and I had a nightmare I would fall of one when I went riding! However when I walked outside i realized today was one of our most beautiful days here with the sun shinning and weather that was actually bearable.  I figured that was a sign that maybe today would not be so bad after all.
So on the way to the farm for Ritoque Expediciones I was happy about the weather but still was not overly thrilled about the horse back riding. When we got there the lady who ran this program was extremely nice and she definitely made me feel better. Then it came time to get actually get our horse.  As I walked up to the man distributing them I asked if I could I have the most tamed horse. I got what I asked for. As we began to ride around the pen where the horse were kept I was mildly freaking out cause I had no clue how to control this animal but I got used to it, and even started enjoying it. I named my horse Sugar Cube. He was tinny horse who was rather socially awkward, there were times he just didn’t like any of the other horse and found himself even getting kicked in the face by the others.
When we rode on the beach Sugar Cube met up with Coco, Susie’s horse and together they would take on Miami just like Courtney and Khloe.  As we began to go behind the beach back by the dunes, Sugar Cube decided he didn’t want to be with everyone else and began to take short cut, but just ended up making us be in the back of the pack.  Riding the horse was really fun! An hour and half into riding we stopped at this campsite where we ate fresh cut pineapple and drank water.  This was my first time getting off the horse and I could feel how much pain I was in. I didn’t even think I was exercising.  When it came time go on we went through a dessert.  It was really interesting to see this because I knew there was a lot of dessert space up north but not down south in Chile.  As we got back to the beach we it was time to gallop. But, Sugar Cube being quiet lazy like myself didn’t really like to gallop, he would go for like 30 seconds and stop. At one point we were like 500 feet away form everyone else because he seemed to be tired.  But after a few mildly whips he picked it up to be with everyone.  
When we got back to the originally place where we first started we saw that there was tables all set up and the barbeque was grilling every kind of meat known to man.  We all started off with grilled baby sausage on an Italian loaf of bread, and bowl of cut tomatoes, onions and cilantro that would be used to dress it.  As we walked over to the table we saw there was were all different kinds of salad out.  There was regular, potato, tomato salads and some sort of yellow rice dish.   After eating those things all the meat was ready.  There was chicken with thin sliced potatoes and zucchini, stake and pork to choose from. Of course I tried a little bit of each. 
The lady who runs Ritoque Expediciones was telling us that that they also do the same thing we did but when there is a full moon out!  It sounded really neat and she said they were supposed to have this past Saturday but due to the weather being so bad they had to cancel it.
After a long day of riding we were all tired, and all we wanted to do was shower, yet when we arrive back at the hotel they didn’t have towels yet, so instead of staying inside some of when to get gelato and go to the rock along the beach and watch the sunset.  

No comments:

Post a Comment