Friday, May 20, 2011

Thursday May 19, Day 12 in Chile

Today was our last full day in Chile. We didn’t need to meet in the lobby till around 12:00, which meant we had the morning free. When you are college student and have the morning free it usually means sleep in, but I got and went to do my last minute shopping for souvenirs.   It was weird just two weeks ago that I walked down the same streets and didn’t know where I was but, I feel like an expert of Vina del Mar. As a bunch of us made our way back from shopping we clearly stopped at pandadria. Today I decided to get pan de leche, which was very similar to vanilla custard Danish. 
Once we got back to the hotel we gathered our things and we were off to our last visit at USM.   When we arrive I had finally brought my camera so I was able to take a pictures of the campus.  After taking a big group picture in front we then walked up all the stairs.  That is probably one thing I will not miss, every time I am still out of breathe.  Inside we got hear about we could actually do a semester abroad at USM.   A Belgium exchange student Stephanie was able to share her experience with us along with how she felt about choosing to study abroad in Chile.
We had lunch today in the cafeteria. After talking about it over lunch a few of us decided what we would have never eaten in the begging of the trip we weren’t afraid to eat now.   It didn’t mean it was good, just editable. After lunch it was fútbol time. It was supposed be Pitt vs. the Chilean students but the teams got a little mixed around. Of course I watched from the sidelines and cheered us on, I am not really sure who won because after watching it for an hour a few of us decided to head back to the hotel and start packing.
Packing in itself is pretty stress but when you have clothes all over the place it’s a nightmare. I am defiantly going to miss Chile but this hotel not so much. For dinner tonight went to this pizza place with the whole crew, all the Chilean students and us.  It was a lot of fun and the pizza was interesting. They are not afraid to but whatever on their pizza. At the end of the dinner we ended up getting he sickest sweatshirts (sickest as in awesome) I can’t wait to wear it home tomorrow.
For tonight’s evening activities we all went out as a group to a bar and then a disco techa. It was a lot of fun and as you can at the time I am posting this blog we got back in the middle of the morning.
I cannot believe tomorrow is our last day here. These two weeks flew by, but I had the best time!

No comments:

Post a Comment